Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Where to Begin.

So much is going on in my life right now.  There are a million things I'm trying to do at the same time, all of which are at different levels of maturity in their growth; some are sproutlings (did I make that word up?), some seeds, others full grown and ready to bloom.

I've taken quite a few photos over the last week but now they seem slightly irrelevant.  Boo.  I'm also getting ready to give my borrowed laptop back to my gracious brother so I will be without a computer for a little while.  That may not be a bad thing.  Either way, here are some of the things that have happened this past week:

I love this picture because every single time I cook, Oliver is right at my feet waiting for something to fall.  Most of the time his pestering is rewarded because I'm such a messy cook. 

Made my stuffed mushrooms again for my dad's birthday.  There were so many things filled with cream cheese eaten that day, I'm surprised we didn't all go home with stomach aches.  

I made Gina's famous carrot cake for my dad's birthday.  It was really yummy but James said it needed more icing.  The funny thing is that I did one less layer of cake than it called for but didn't cut the icing recipe.  Really, I ended up using all the batter for only two layers as well.  I hate when recipes do that.  They say one thing but it's almost never the reality.  Either way, three sticks of butter later and it was a pretty darn good cake.  

1 comment:

  1. Butch does the exact same thing! :) One thing that's nice about having a million different things in different stages of growth is that, like in a garden, you'll have blooms all year round! :)

    ReplyDelete