Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Life, leisure, and lessons.

Last night, I headed down to downtown Safety Harbor to meet up with Chelsea and Lauren. I love these girls and talking over plates of yummy food with them. I took a picture of our little eavesdropper who was apparently inches away from me almost the entire night (I had been wondering why the girls would giggle as I'd sit back down after paying a visit to the bathroom). Finally, they confessed that the leaf-like bug had been behind me the entire time without my knowledge. He sure did get an earful.

We ate at Taste and it was, apparently, art class night. About 12 people had blank canvases and easels set up in the restaurant when we got there. We got to watch, and poke fun at, the amateur painters brush their way to a vase of roses. The thing I found most intriguing was the fact that everyone seemed to leave the class with a huge smile on their face, holding their very generic replica of what to begin with was "not even motel worthy". The fact was that they felt accomplished and proud of something they had created. And what's wrong with that?

2 comments:

  1. Man. I don't even remember what it was like to go hang out with girlfriends every other night.

    Must be nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm taking advantage while I can ;)

    ReplyDelete