Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Ambitious in Nature

I was determined this weekend to make use of the fact that I had no plans.  I was going to make candy.  After researching it a bit, I knew that it was going to be a bit time consuming, maybe a little frustrating, and certainly messy.  When I was at Target yesterday, and I told the cashier that I was going to make taffy and caramels she said, "Wow.  How ambitious of you".  I felt like she meant it in a negative way but I held my head high leaving the store.  I was determined to at least try.

So, I did.  It was pretty comical.  I yelled for James to come help me because my hands were glued with taffy and I had no way of getting it off.  It was such a mess and took so long to wrap each piece in wax paper, that I gave up after about 20 pieces.  It sure was yummy though.


I also ended up making buffalo wings for dinner.  I have never made them before so I found a recipe on AllRecipes.com (my go-to site, love it) and tweaked it a little bit.  I was really happy with it.  The sauce was delicious.  I'll be posting that on the cooking blog soon.


Update:  I don't think I've ever added to a recipe so much that I don't have to site it like I did with this wing sauce!  It makes me pretty proud, but please try it for yourself and tell me what you think.  It's not very spicy because I can't handle too much spice so that's just a warning there.  Buffalo Teriyaki Wings
Also edit on the taffy:  I've thrown it all away.  After giving out two pieces at church today, I've decided that they're just too gooey and the wax paper was sticking to them.  I'm going to try a different recipe soon.  Maybe tomorrow if I feel up to it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment