Thursday, April 26, 2012

Our first DIY

I can't take any credit for this transformation.  My grandparents were kind enough to give us this three-drawer dresser which I thought we could just stick in the closet.  Unfortunately, there was absolutely no room so James had the idea to redo the dresser.  I did research and discovered that we first needed to prime it.  We went through the whole process of priming it, spray painting and eventually painting one layer with a paint roller.  James ripped off the fronts of the drawers, went to Home Depot and bought plywood (sandeply).  He had them cut the wood into three pieces at the store then was able to borrow some more tools from a guy at church to finish the job.  We bought the hardware at Home Depot too (probably would have been cheaper to get it from Ikea or something) and voila!  A brand new dresser!  



2 comments:

  1. I'm still in awe of this transformation! So impressive.

    ReplyDelete