Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

The Week of Soups!

Normally, James hates eating soup for dinner.  He says it's not a real meal.  The only way I've gotten us to eat soup three times this week is because we are both fighting off a pretty nasty cold.  The first soup I made was my Authentic Pittsburgh-Style Italian Wedding Soup, I put the recipe up on The Lofty Cook.  I am so excited that I got to make this recipe, it tastes just like home.  If you've never been to Pittsburgh, you probably don't know that Wedding soup is sort of a staple soup at every restaurant.  It is almost always on the menu.  Unfortunately, down here it is not.  The only place that I have seen/had wedding soup is the Italian restaurant across the street from us called Dominic's and it is NOTHING like what I grew up with.  Anyway, after this cold came I decided I would finally try my hand at making the wedding soup I know and love.  The only problem is that Publix doesn't sell the right pasta!  So, the recipe has the closest thing to Acini di Pepe that I could find.


Tonight, I am making Jenn G's famous Tortellini Soup!!! James and I are both pretty excited about that because it's so delicious.

I am also going to be attempting the infamous cake pops for the second time in celebration of Savannah's birthday.  Let's hope my strategy pays off this time.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! I want Jenn G's recipe! I have tortellini in the freezer that I want to use in soup.
    And that Italian wedding soup was GREAT! I'm super impressed!

    ReplyDelete